This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


If you are thinking of going on holiday this year, it’s wise to take some extra precautions. See the enclosed attachment for further advice

If you have been tested for Coronavirus previously  and the result has been positive, please contact The Medical Centre on 01509 277577 between the hours of 10am-4pm Monday to Friday and inform the receptionist. 


Temporary Registration

Where appropriate, you can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months i.e. for students returning home over the holidays. This will allow you to be seen temporarily by your home GP for health issues whilst still remaining on our practice list.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use.

Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one, you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days.

Any surgery that refuses treatment under the temporary resident status can only do so if the list is closed, or they have a valid reason, which must not discriminate in any way. If you feel you were refused treatment inappropriately, please notify the University Medical Centre immediately so that this can be recorded.

Alternatively care can be obtained from Urgent Care Centres if these are available within the students home town area.


Please note, you cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already fully registered.

pdfDownload the Temporary Resident Registration Form

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website